Southport Air Show 2015
Dates: 19th & 20th September
Are you looking for a fun and exhilarating day out with the kids?
Do you have a limited budget to entertain the family for the entire day?
Or do you simply have a love of aviation and air shows?
If the answer to the above questions is 'Yes' then look no further than the Southport Air Show - the number one family day out in the North West!
Make your air show unique to you
Whether it is watching aircraft landing on the beach on the purpose built runway, a spectacle unique to Southport Air Show.
Testing your agility on the climbing walls and assault courses on the ground.
Or experiencing the next best thing to flying a fast jet in one of the flight simulators.
It doesn't matter what you do in-between the flying displays, the experience is yours.
A full afternoon of flying for an incredibly low price!
It could be the thrilling and daring aerobatics, the breath-taking breathing historical aircraft making graceful tributes to our past or fast and powerful jets and explosions on the beach.
We have it all and with tickets starting from just £6.27, you can see why people find the Air Show great value for money!
You can even bring a picnic and sit on the beach, your trip to the air show can be tailored to suit your family.
Take a look at our Trip Advisor reviews and read other visitors experience.
Let us help you make your journey easier!
As with any major event, traffic to the Air Show can be heavier than normal but we can help you make your journey as easy as possible.
Avoid the traffic by arriving early and visit the town; there are many things to do in Southport including a spot of shopping, cinema, bowling alley and plenty of unique cafes for a bite to eat.
Why not beat the traffic and jump the train in - Southport has fast and frequent rail links from Liverpool, Manchester and across the North West, with our train station literally only a short walk away from the event and all the other amenities the town offers.
You can avoid the queues to leave with a trip to Southport Pleasureland, a family meal in one of the many restaurants, or you can sit and watch it all wind down and enjoy the coastal views.
Why not stay the weekend?
We have many affordable hotels, bed and breakfast or guest houses in Southport for you to choose from.
But remember, book early for plenty of choice.
So what are you waiting for?
Be early and buy your tickets safely and securely online today!
If you are experiencing any problems with purchasing tickets please email email@example.com who will help you with your enquiry.
Unfortunately Visit Southport and the Tourist Information Centre cannot help with ticket queries.
The Air Show Flying Programme
Please Note: All aircraft will be attending both days unless stated
- The Vulcan (SAT ONLY)
- Red Arrows
- Hawk T2 Role Demo
- Black Cats
- Sea King SAR
- Hurricane & Spitfire
- The Blades
- Xtreme XA41
- Jet Provost
- Tigers Freefall Team
- P-51 Mustang
- Army Historic Aircraft Flight (static display)
Planes landing on the beach during the Air Show
From 10:30 you can see aircraft landing on a purpose built runway.
- Ikarus C42
- Flex wing microlight
- Steen Skybolt
- Jodel DR1050
- WW2 Replica Storch
- De Havilland Tiger Moth
- Luscombe Silvaire
- Auster Autocrat
- Hornet Moth or Aeronca C3
- Savannah VG
- Flex wing microlight Blade 582
- Rans S6-ESA
- Taylorcraft BC12D
- Zenair CH601 HD
- Corby Starlet
- Tecnam P2002 JF
- De Havilland Chipmunk DCH-Z
Air Show Ticket Information
|Adult (16+) ADVANCE||£8.36 per ticket, per day|
|Child (5-15) ADVANCE||£6.27 per ticket, per day|
|Adult gate price||£10.00 per ticket, per day|
|Child (5-15) gate price||£8.00 per ticket. per day|
|Premier Ticket - Adult||£67.93 per ticket, per day|
|Premier Ticket - Child (5-15)||£47.03 per ticket, per day|
|Premier Ticket - Under 5||Free|
Advanced Ticket Information:
- All admin, transaction, card fees are included in the advertised price.
- General admission tickets are for entry only and do not include a seat.
- Children under 5 are FREE but for entrance a ticket must be allocated by adding to the basket when purchasing other tickets. This is still free of charge.
- Tickets are valid for EITHER Saturday OR Sunday, if you attend both days you will need to purchase two tickets per person.
- Advanced rate tickets will be on sale until Friday 18 September 2015 until 23.45. Tickets purchased after this date will be at the gate rate as stated above.
Premier Ticket Information:
- Premier tickets include: parking close to the event, all weather marquee, private toilets, tea/coffee in the morning and afternoon, picnic lunch, access to the Pier to watch the show and a free programme.
- Admin, transaction, card fees are included in the price.
- Children under 5 are free but will not be allocated a seat, refreshments or food.For entrance a ticket must be allocated by adding to the basket when purchasing other tickets. This is still free of charge.
- Tickets are valid for the day specified.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance ONLY until Wednesday 16 September at 23.30.
- Please call Julia Fahey on 01704 395510 if you wish to purchase tickets for a group of 10+
- 9:00 - 17:30 (approximately) each day
- Parking is charged at £6 per car and is only available on the day.
- Parking is available on the beach (North Beach only), Marine Drive and off the promenade in Princes Park, the Esplanade car park and Victoria Park, only 5 minutes walk from the sea front.
- A large amount of directional road signage will be installed to lead visitors to the parking facilities and the event site.
- Coaches will be directed to the Esplanade car park.
- Parking is only available on North Beach. Parking on the beach gets you closer to the action but you need to arrive as close to 9.00 as possible as this fills up quickly. You need to travel along the Costal Road, as early as possible to park on the beach.
- If you are travelling from the South you will be directed to the Esplanade Car Park or Victoria Park.
- If you are travelling from the North you will automatically directed to beach parking the Marine Drive Car Park.
- If you are travelling from the East you will automatically directed to other Air Show car parks.
- No high-sided vehicles are allowed on the beach as this restricts viewing due to the size. Caravans, motor homes or vans are permitted in either the Esplanade or Princes Park car parks, but are not allowed on the beach due to the size of the vehicles restricting the view for other event attendees. These are not overnight camping facilities and will be locked overnight. The closest caravan site is the Southport Esplanade caravan site, Esplanade, Southport, 01704 565214.
Traffic & Travel:
- Please allow extra time for your journey to the event as delays are likely We advise you to get to the Southport Air Show as close to 9am as possible. There is plenty to do in the town centre and once you have your wristband you can come and go as you please.
- Northern Rail and Merseytravel operate frequent trains to Southport. The nearest train station is Southport, about a 10 minute walk from the event site.
- Southport Air Show will have its very own radio station dedicated to keeping you updated on any traffic and travel approaching the Air Show. We will also use this station to broadcast the commentary so if you are parked up and in your car you will be able to listen to the commentator. This station will broadcast for approximately 10 miles radius to Southport. The frequency will 87.7FM.
- Designated disabled hard standing car parking facilities are available, located at the Esplanade and Marine Drive car parks.
- Disabled parking is also available in Princes Park and on the beach but please be aware that these spaces are on grass and sand.
- The Esplanade Car Park has disabled toilet facilities and has ramped access to the seafront. The disabled parking spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis on presentation of an official blue disability badge. These spaces will be available at the normal car parking rate.
- Upon arrival to Southport you need to make event staff aware that you would like disabled parking facilities so they can direct you to the correct car park.
- Official designated disabled viewing areas are available, one is located on the seawall (close to the fish wind display) and the other one is on the seawall close to the Pier.
- These areas will be clearly signposted with flags.
- These areas will be fenced, have dedicated disabled toilet facilities and are on a hard standing surface with an unimpeded view. It will be the responsibility for disabled wheel chair users to make their own way to these enclosures. Stewards will be present to ensure that viewing is accessible at all times.
- If you have a disability that necessitates a carer*, your carer will be welcomed free of charge on the day. Please note, they do not require a ticket.
- *One example of supporting documentation for Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance must be produced on the day. Without documentation, carers will need to purchase a ticket on the gate. Carers will be issued a wristband on the day.
- Dogs are permitted at the show but are not allowed in the bathing areas of the beach. It is strongly advised that dogs are not brought to the event due to the noise produced by the aircraft. All dogs must remain on their lead; this is a family event with many small children and if you have your dog off of the lead you may be asked to leave.
Drones/Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems:
Drones/small unmanned aircraft systems are strictly not allowed to be flown within the Air Show site - it is against the law to fly them within the Air Show Restricted Airspace, please do not bring them to the Air Show.
Anyone not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the site and may be prosecuted.
Restrictions of Flying Regulations have been established under Article 161 of the Air Navigation Order 2009 between1100 and 1830 on 19 and 20 September 2015, no aircraft is to fly below 5,000 ft amsl within the area bounded by a circle having a radius of 2.3 nm whose centre is at 533921N 0030117W
- Please call Helen Ford on 0151 934 2324 for any trade booking enquiries.
- There are number of concessions available to purchase food and drink.
- Food is permitted onsite however BBQ’s are not permitted.
Fred MacAulay 'Twenty Fifteen'. From BBC Radio 4's 'The News Quiz'; 'Bridget...
The Southport Children's Comedy Festival in association with The Southport Bid...
Two days of packed entertainment for the entire family, showcasing fast jets,...
The Community Link Foundation Comedy Workshop Showcase.