Puddle Jumping Competition
Tel: 01704 895181
Back due to popular demand: the third North West Puddle Jumping Championship at Martin Mere.
Dress up warm, get your wellies on and get outside to jump into our puddles to win prizes. This year WWT's new children's character, Dusty Duck is joining in the fun and helping kids create the biggest, craziest splash possible. Dusty was exclusively designed by the world-famous Aardman studios to help celebrate WWT's 70th anniversary by getting children closer to nature.
The puddles will be set up for you to practice and have fun in during the morning with the competition starting at 2pm. It is 50p to enter the competition. Every contestant will receive a 'splashtastic' sticker to acknowledge their puddle jumping skills - Daily winners will be announced throughout the half term and some lucky 'super-splashers' will receive a fantastic prize from Dusty Duck himself!
Jumps will be judged on the following three key categories:
1. The enthusiasm of the jumper
2. The creativity of the jump
3. and most importantly the height of the splash.
The competition is open to all competitors no matter what age or ability, so come on down and make a splash.
Normal admission charges apply to participate in this event.
• Take part in our Welly shot putt everyday between 1pm and 2pm for the chance to win prizes for the longest throw. Free to enter and the event will take place by the Dome opposite the puddle jumping area.
• Frogs can jump up to 50 times their body lenght! Can you do a frog jump? Take part in this free fun activity in the Dome between 11am and 12.30pm.
• Everyday at 3pm and 3.30pm watch the spectacle of thousands of Whooper swans feed on the mere. The feeds include a wardens talk. The 3pm feed is from the new Discovery hide and 3.30pm feed is from the Raines Observatory. Both feeds include a wardens talk.
• Otter talk: Meet our 3 cheeky Asian otters as you watch them forage, swim, rest, sleep and bath in the sunshine. 11.30am and 2.30pm.
• Get creative and make a craft in our craft room between 12.30pm - 3.30pm (small require a small additional charge)
• Feeding the birds: Get nose to beak as friendly ducks and geese scramble to feed from your hand. Pick up a bag of grain for £1.
• Wild walk: Have a muddy adventure with wobbly bridges, mucky meadows, a reedy ramble & hidden treasures. Click here for further information about Wild Walk
• Swing, climb, fly, play and travel across our adventure playground 'Rushes' – suitable for all ages and abilities.
|Dates (11 Feb 2017 - 19 Feb 2017)|
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£12.98 per ticket|
|Child||£6.18 per ticket|
|concession||£9.48 per ticket|
|Family||£34.50 per ticket|
Get 10% off by booking your ticket online
Social Media Feeds
Four delightful, award winning, country cottages nestling in the rich arable farmland of West...1.54 miles away
Our beautiful unique property is set in quiet tranquil surroundings where you can relax and escape...2.03 miles away
An 18th century barn which has been converted into five superbly equipped holiday apartments, one...3.03 miles away
Riverside Holiday Park, located in Banks, Southport offers luxury self catering Holiday...3.55 miles away
Charming olde world cottage in Churchtown Village, 2 miles from Southport town centre. Tastefully...4.77 miles away
The Salfordian Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building set in its own grounds overlooking Heketh Park...5.52 miles away
This family run business is ideally situated for all the attractions that Southport has to offer,...5.74 miles away
This beautifully maintained Victorian Villa offers AA 4-Star guest accommodation, It is ideally...5.78 miles away
Castle Mews is a delightful old mews style house right in the centre of Southport.
Although it...5.86 miles away
Inspired by the popular period TV series - Peaky Blinders Accommodation is set in one of...5.88 miles away
The Coach House is a comfy 2 bed cottage en-suite to 1 bathroom, with downstairs shower room,...5.89 miles away
Peace and tranquillity abound in this family run Victorian house Hotel. All you would expect from a...5.91 miles away
Kia Ora and welcome to Aotearoa Southport Bed & Breakfast – “A Slice of New Zealand in the Heart of...5.94 miles away
The friendly atmosphere of Lynwood House, with its elegant charm and personal touch, sets the...5.95 miles away
Barford house offers guests 3-4* quality apartments, beautifully set within an elegant detached...5.96 miles away
Situated amidst the Victorian grandeur of Lord Street, an elegant tree-lined Boulevard in the heart...5.96 miles away