Martin Lane Farm Holiday Cottages
Four delightful, award winning, country cottages nestling in the rich arable farmland of West Lancashire, just 4 miles from Southport. Friendly, relaxing, family atmosphere.
'The Dairy', 'The Shippon' & 'The Granary' sleeping 2,4 & 6 respectively, offer the ideal base for visiting all the North West’s major attractions. 'The Stable' sleeps 4 and is a fully W2 rated accessible cottage for the disabled traveller.
Short stays as well as weekly bookings accepted.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good13
- GandC_UKMoira, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCozy and peacefulThursday, 10th November 2016Pitch dark at night, no traffic, total silence, canal walks nearby , Martin Mere WWT 5 minutes drive away. Perfect location. The Shippon cottage has everything we needed, the original features and... Read full review
- Trip Type:CouplesDairy CottageThursday, 10th November 2016We had a few days stay here and thoroughly enjoyed and can highly recommend, the Cottage is beautiful and well equipped, the location and gardens are scenic and tranquil and the hosts Phil & Sue are... Read full review
- SylviaandRose8Liverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfectMonday, 7th November 2016Beautiful cottages with lovely,friendly owners who will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. My family return here time and time again for short breaks as it is home from home in... Read full review
Map & Directions
M6: Leave the M6 at Junction 27. Take the A5209 to Southport /Ormskirk. Keep on this road for about 7 miles until you reach the junction with the A59. At this junction turn left, onto A59, towards Ormskirk. At approx 1 mile turn right onto B5242 (Pippin Street). Go straight down this road for about 2 miles until you reach a pub called the 'Heatons Bridge'. After the Heatons Bridge take first right into Drummersdale Lane then first right again into Merscar Lane. At the bottom of Merscar Lane turn RIGHT again into Martin Lane. At about 250 metres go straight on and over the hump-backed bridge over the canal. Take care at this point as there is a blind bend with traffic approaching from the left and they have the right of way! Once you have gone over the bridge, we are fourth on the right.
Public Transport Directions
Southport to Manchester train stops at New Lane Station approx. 1.5 miles away. Bus from Southport to Ormskirk stops at Heatons Bridge every hour, 1 mile away. Trains from Ormskirk to Liverpool run regularly.
- 4-5 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2012
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2012