TripAdvisor Traveller Rating279 reviews
Tel: +44 (0)1704 544991
AboutThe Taj Mahal is one of Southport’s most popular venues for customers seeking authentic Indian cuisine using the finest and freshest ingredients and spices.
The team pride themselves in providing a friendly and efficient service in their restaurant. The Chef’s Speciality Dishes are all freshly prepared and we have many dishes unique to the restaurant. We are also able to offer a range of dishes to cater for vegetarian and vegan tastes. They are also able to offer any other Indian dishes, not on the menu providing prior notice is provided of the kind of dishes you like to be prepared.
The Taj Mahal are proud of their range of Tandoori style prawn, chicken or lamb dishes cooked in a Tandoor Oven.
They are fully licensed and carry a full stock of wines, beers and spirits.
The restaurant is open 7 days from 5.30pm until 12.00am including Public and Bank holidays, except Christmas day.
They also offer a Takeaway Service with free delivery within a 3 mile radius of the restaurant. Large parties can also be catered for.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good48
- MancyEmmaManchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally authentic curry, amazing naan!Wednesday, 22nd February 2017Once I read the reviews on here I was desperate to try this place out, and since I did I've been back A LOT! It's brilliant! The curry is really authentic. We had a king prawn jalfrezi, pilau rice... Read full review
- Ste WTrip Type:CouplesFantastic food, fantastic environmentSaturday, 11th February 2017Such a pleasant evening spent at the taj mahal. Never felt rushed and the ambience of the restaurant delightfull. Quality of the food is the best Indian by far in southport. Great credit goes to... Read full review
- grahamcowsillWrexham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelGood Restarant in SouthportFriday, 10th February 2017Was stopping in the Bold Hotel a couple of nights ago & fancied going out for an indian meal. Found the Taj Mahal from your reviews & it didn't disappoint. Not in glamorous surroundings but the food... Read full review
Map & Directions
- In town/city centre
- Take away service
- Groups accepted
|Opening Times (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||17:30||- 00:00*|
* Open 7 days a week apart from Christmas DayDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change