TripAdvisor Traveller Rating284 reviews
Tel: +44 (0)1704 544991
AboutThe Taj Mahal is one of Southport’s most popular venues for customers seeking authentic Indian cuisine using the finest and freshest ingredients and spices.
The team pride themselves in providing a friendly and efficient service in their restaurant. The Chef’s Speciality Dishes are all freshly prepared and we have many dishes unique to the restaurant. We are also able to offer a range of dishes to cater for vegetarian and vegan tastes. They are also able to offer any other Indian dishes, not on the menu providing prior notice is provided of the kind of dishes you like to be prepared.
The Taj Mahal are proud of their range of Tandoori style prawn, chicken or lamb dishes cooked in a Tandoor Oven.
They are fully licensed and carry a full stock of wines, beers and spirits.
The restaurant is open 7 days from 5.30pm until 12.00am including Public and Bank holidays, except Christmas day.
They also offer a Takeaway Service with free delivery within a 3 mile radius of the restaurant. Large parties can also be catered for.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good49
- Stephen KTrip Type:FamilyGood restaurant have been to betterTuesday, 21st March 2017Visited here with family and had a good meal. I have had better but was happy with the service and food. Read full review
- Jackbaby142Solihull, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOn a par with Birmingham curriesMonday, 20th March 2017On a weekend visit to Southport we decided to eat here based upon other good reviews. Just a 2 minute walk from the Ramada on a Sunday night so we didn't book. There were 4 of us and we all ordered a... Read full review
- Jonathan WSouthport, England, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNice food!Tuesday, 14th March 2017I had a small party here for 14 people and they looked after us like we were the only group in the place. Food is tasty and in no way rushed!.. Thank you. Read full review
Map & Directions
- In town/city centre
- Take away service
- Groups accepted
|Opening Times (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||17:30||- 00:00*|
* Open 7 days a week apart from Christmas DayDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change