Wondering where to take the family this Easter?
Be sure to get 'eggcited' because this Easter bank holiday it's #SouthportTime where you can make memories with the family.
Here are our top 10 places to go over the weekend...
- Southport Pleasureland - It’s time for some fantastic family fun at #SouthportPleasureland…Spend the day with your family riding the thrilling roller coasters, flumes and the spinning waltzers. Why not try test the whole family’s luck with the traditional hook a duck stalls plus more?…. It’s something for all the family to enjoy but most of all a place where memories are made… if you head down this Easter weekend when the night dawns you’ll get to see their free fantastic firework spectacular.
- Martin Mere - Spring means one thing… It has to be one of the best times to visit Martin Mere as the reserve springs with new life…. It is just perfect for outdoorsy adventurists looking to get up close with nature and wildlife. Even better if you head down this weekend you can take part in an Easter eggtraverganzer called the daily giant plastic duck hunt…
- Botanic Gardens -Spend Easter Sunday with Peter Rabbit at their Easter Eggstravaganza. It will be an eggtastic afternoon full of shows, games and egg hunts. We just know the kids will love it. It will be a family fun themed day...#ARabbitcalledPeter #SouthportTime #Free event
- Farmer Teds - It’s time for some Easter fun fun fun at #FarmerTeds. It's that perfect Easter weekend family day trip. With plenty of barns so you can come rain or shine you are bound to have an eggcellent time. It's time to bring the whole family together this Easter Half Term…Check online for entry Fees..#magicshows #birdsofprey #tractorrides
- Shoppers Paradise Trail - Its our Bank Holiday Monday Treat for all you shopaholics…Its Bank Holiday Monday Shop till you drop …With so much to choose from it’s easy to see why Southport is perfect for shopping…A great place to start is on Chapel Street popular for all high street brands and national names… Then adjacent is Lord Street… Where you can, leisurely stroll upon some hidden gems…Take a last look at Wesley Street here you find Southport’s prettiest shops
- Silcocks Funland - A family run amusement arcade with the latest video and gaming entertainment for the whole family. With an old traditional carousel right outside… something the whole family will find hard to resist. A real treat for the family after all the fun is the fish and chip restaurant next door, what else would you eat by the seaside?
- Splash World - Whatever the weather you can all have a great time at Splash World. The water slides, lazy river and toddlers area awaits for you all to have a splash-tastic time.
- Marine Brasserie Terrace - if the sun is shining there really isnt a better place than the terrace at Marine Brasserie, inside the Ramada Plaza. Sup on a gin, take a bite to eat and enjoy the view - and hopefully sunshine!
- Model Railway Village - this is a lovely gem in the heart of Southport. Let the kids explore the minature village, watching the train going around, whilst mum and dad enjoy the tranquility.
- British Lawnmower Museum - Quirkiness does not get better than this. Over 200 exhibits restored from all over the world. A very British experience awaits!
And don't forget to wash it all down with an icecream - Southport is the best place for an icecream!