We are excited to announce new aircraft displays as part of this year’s Southport Air Show.
Taking place on 15 - 17 September 2017, the annual spectacle will see debut displays from the de Havilland DH.110 Sea Vixen and B-17 Flying Fortress G-BEDF Sally B.
The Sea Vixen is a twin boom, twin-engine 1950s–60s British two-seat jet fighter and her appearance at the show is causing quite a stir amongst the organisers!
Sally B is the last remaining airworthy B-17 in Europe. She was critical to the USAAF daylight precision bombing campaign and was armed with 13 machine guns, hence the name 'Flying Fortress'.
- RAF Typhoon Display Team - Sat/ Sun
- Sally B - Sat/ Sun
- Sea Vixen - Sat/ Sun
- Tutor - Sat/ Sun
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Fri/ Sat/ Sun
- Breitling Wingwalkers - Sat/ Sun
- Blades Aerobatic Team - Fri/ Sat/ Sun
- Twister Aerobatic Team - Fri/ Sat/ Sun
- Fireflies Display Team - Fri/ Sat/ Sun
- Tigers Freefall Team - Fri/ Sat/ Sun
The Friday night will showcase lights and pyrotechnics on the displays from the Fireflies Display Team, Twister Aerobatic Team and the Tigers Freefall Parachute Display Team - all three displays will also be on Saturday and Sunday.
More aircraft displays will be announced over the coming weeks adding to an already bumper line-up.
Tickets for each day of the Air Show are available to buy now and start from £6.50 (including all fees).