British Lawnmower Museum
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Admission||£3.00 per ticket|
Entrance includes Free Audio Tour
AboutA unique experience at the multi award winning British Lawnmower Museum is the Nations foremost Museum of garden machinery in Southport Merseyside, housing over 200 restored exhibits with all their history at the world’s only lawnmower Museum.
Lawnmowers are a very British obsession. We manufactured the best lawnmowers in the world, but sadly we are losing this great piece of British engineering heritage. The lawnmower invented in Gloucester by Edwin Beard Budding in 1830 was deemed a madman for making such a contraption. He had to test his machine at night so no one would see him.
See lawnmowers of the Rich & Famous from Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s to Brian May’s, Paul O’Grady’s plus many more. See the most expensive and the fastest, the first electric to the first robot mower. A tribute to the garden machine industry over the last 200 years.
‘Its all you need to mow’. Open all year. £2. includes audio tour.
Car parking, close to Town Centre and shops
Opening times - Mon to Sat 9am - 5.30pm (not Bank Holidays or Sunday)
- Coach Parking
- Parking Available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- Ethan EPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelA garden delightSaturday, 18th February 2017They were a bit rude on the desk but I enjoyed seeing all the merchandise and the lawn mowers with many on display. Read full review
- Mike058LiverpoolTrip Type:CouplesQuirky alternative to playing golf or getting wetFriday, 25th November 2016As it happens I hate golf and the day we went to the lawnmower museum Southport was bathed in glorious winter sunshine but we went anyway and I can't agree less with Janet S who believes it is only... Read full review
- Noreen EBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDifferent, and entertaining.Wednesday, 2nd November 2016We came across a leaflet for the Lawnmower Museum while were visiting Southport. The site is off the main road but well signed posted. We had a very enjoyable visit. Didn't know there were so... Read full review
Map & Directions
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
|Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 17:30*|
* Open all Year 9am - 5.30pm except Sundays and Bank Holidays