We believe in access to information over the Internet for all. This Accessibility Statement provides an overview of the accessibility features we have implemented on this website. If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us.
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) so that you may customise the presentation to suit your preferences.
- All the information can be viewed without styles
- The text size is relative, allowing you to adjust the size of the text in your browser
- Most pages on this site follow most of the W3C's WAI accessibility guidelines, and comply to the UK's Disability Discrimination Act
- All pages contain a sitemap
Additional software might be needed to view Adobe Documents Adobe Acrobat Reader - allows users to view Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
Adobe® Reader® X is free software that improves the accessibility of PDF files. Where possible the team have tried to avoid using PDF or external files.
Some maps will be non-accessible via a designed PDF - Where this is the case, an interactive map will be provided as an alternative.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, with a step-by-step guide to individual adjustments you can make to your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone to make it easier to use.
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with disabilities, but aims to accurately describe the events open to all visitors.
Specific access details are as follows.
The Southport Food & Drink Festival, Victoria Park
- Accessible car park spaces are available at the Southport Eco Centre on a first come first served basis.
- Accessible toilets available on site.
- An accessible toilet unit, equipped with a hoist and changing bench, will be located next to the band stand.
- Please note this event takes place on a grassed park.
The Southport Air Show, Southport Seafront
- Accessible car park spaces are available in all Air Show car parks apart from beach parking and these are on a first come first served basis. The most suitable car park is the Eco Centre as this is a hardstanding car park and close to one of the main entrances.
- Accessible toilets are available on site within the disabled viewing areas.
- An accessible toilet unit, equipped with a hoist and changing bench, will be located next to the first aid facility by the gym at Ocean Plaza.
- The disabled viewing areas are located one adjacent to Southport Pier and one is located at the entrance to the beach by Pleasureland. These are identifiable via white flags.
- There are also disabled toilets located along the Marine Drive.
- Please note this event takes place on Marine Drive which is hard standing and Southport Beach which may limit some visitors.
British Musical Fireworks Championship
- Accessible car park spaces are available at Splash World car park on a first come first served basis.
- Accessible toilets available on site.
- There is a disabled viewing area located along the crowd line on the footpath. There will also be an accessible toilet, equipped with a hoist and changing bench, close to this area. Please ask a steward for directions.
- All guests with accessibility requirements will be allowed access into the site 30 minutes before all other customers, please notify gate stewards on arrival. This is to allow for optimal viewing and access to hard standing areas.
- Please note this event takes place on a grassed park; however, catering units and toilets are positioned to be accessible via hard standing paths.
- If you have a disability that necessitates a carer*, your carer will be welcomed free of charge on the day. A carers ticket will be issued at the box office following production of one of the documents below. Free carer tickets are general admission only.
*One example of supporting documentation for Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance must be produced on the day. Without documentation, carers will need to purchase a ticket on the gate.
If you have any specific requirements or questions please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.