Welcome to the Itinerary Planner. Use this tool to build your own journey or choose from an exciting range of specially selected tours.
To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Itinerary basket.
Accommodation Booking Terms
Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Accommodation
1. Formation of the Contract
1.1. Completion and submission of a booking form constitutes an offer by you to reserve the accommodation specified in the form. Sefton Council acts as agent for the accommodation providers and the booking will be binding upon you and the accommodation provider when Sefton Council issues an acceptance form on behalf of the accommodation provider.
2.1. The total price of the accommodation will be stated in the booking form.
2.2. You are required to provide details of your debit or credit card when submitting the booking form online or when making a booking by telephone and by doing so you authorise the accommodation provider or Sefton Council on its behalf to deduct any sums due and payable by you in relation to the booking from that card.
2.3. Sefton Council will deduct a non-refundable deposit equal to 10% of the total accommodation price from your debit or credit card upon issuing the acceptance form.
2.4. You must pay the total accommodation price (less any deposit already paid) to the accommodation provider on or before the date you depart from the accommodation. Some accommodation providers may require a further deposit e.g. damage deposit, especially self-catering providers, or additional guarantee of payment prior to arrival, in which case you must contact the establishment as soon as possible to arrange this. Some establishments do not accept credit or debit card payment.
2.5. The accomodation provider you may contact you to confirm your payment details and take a further deposit.
3.1. In the case of a cancellation the deposit equal to 10% of the accommodation price and the booking fee, if applicable, are non-refundable.
3.2. If you cancel the booking a cancellation fee may become due and payable immediately by you as compensation to the accommodation provider. You must contact the accommodation provider as soon as you are able and request their cancellation terms and conditions.
3.3. If the accommodation provider is forced to cancel the booking for reasons outside of its control it will give you as much notice of the cancellation as is reasonably possible and it will reimburse any sums already paid by you to the accommodation provider in respect of the accommodation, but it will not have any further responsibility to you in respect of the cancellation.
3.4. If you do not cancel the booking but fail to arrive at the accommodation for the whole or any part of the period booked with the accommodation provider you may still be charged the total accommodation price.
4. The Accommodation
4.1. You will have access to the accommodation from a time agreed with the accommodation provider on the date of arrival and must vacate by a time agreed with the accommodation provider on the date of departure. You should contact the accommodation provider directly to agree arrival and departure times.
4.2. If you fail to vacate all or part of the accommodation premises by the requisite time the accommodation provider may make a charge for a further night's stay which shall be due and payable immediately by you. For the avoidance of doubt, failure to vacate includes any persons staying in your party remaining in the accommodation premises and you and/or they leaving goods and/or personal property in the accommodation premises (except by prior arrangement).
4.3. Sefton Council maintains descriptions of the accommodation on its website based on the information provided by the accommodation providers. This information is designed to give you a guide to the accommodation only. If you have any particular requirements you should check directly with the accommodation provider before booking or if booking through the Accommodation Booking Service, you should request that the Accommodation Booking Service check with the accommodation provider when arranging the booking.
4.4. All accommodation providers will have specific rules and regulations that apply to guests staying in their accommodation. It is not possible to list all these on the Southport Council website and for further details you should check directly with the accommodation provider before booking or if booking through the Accommodation Booking Service, you should request that the Accommodation Booking Service check with the accommodation provider when arranging the booking.
5. Information Provided by You
5.1. You must accurately state the number of people for whom you are booking accommodation. Should your party exceed that stated at the time of booking you should inform the accommodation provider as soon as possible. The accommodation provider reserves the right to cancel the booking if the number of people in the party changes after the booking has been made.
5.2 Should you wish to make any changes to your booking as stated on your booking confirmation, please contact the accommodation provider directly. The accommodation provider reserves the right to cancel the booking if you request any changes to the booking after the booking has been made.
5.3. Should any member of your party have any special requirements please ensure they can be catered for prior to making a booking. We strongly advise you to contact the accommodation establishment prior to your arrival.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties
6.1. In order to facilitate formation and performance of contracts, Sefton Council will pass your details to the accommodation provider.
7. English Law
7.1. The contract will be governed by English Law.
1. Access to and use of this site is provided by Sefton Council subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you first use this site. Sefton Council reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Whilst Sefton Council endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Sefton Council will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
5. Whilst Sefton Council endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Sefton Council does not accept any liability for error or omission.
6. Part of this site contains materials submitted to Sefton Council by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. Sefton Council can not guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
7. Sefton Council shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
8.Sefton Council accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
9. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. By accessing any part of this site, you should be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full.
11. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Sefton Council Events
Cancellation - In the event of the cancellation of an event, Sefton Council will endeavour to contact the purchaser by email and publish here and will refund the value of the ticket less the £1.50 booking fee and any credit/debit card.
Competition Terms and Conditions