|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Ainsdale Beach is now recognised as one of the premier beaches in the UK for extreme kite activities, with zones set aside for kite buggy and landboard use and kitesurfing taking place on the sea.
It has been awarded International Blue Flag on a number of occassions. The QCA award tells visitors that the standards of beach management are of the highest quality in the UK.
A permit is required before you use a power kite in the kite zone.
The Ainsdale Discovery Centre, situated adjacent to the beach and Ainsdale & Birkdale Sandhills Local Nature Reserve, provides local information, a classroom facility, venue for events and free cycle hire .
Open during the summer, you are welcome to pop in and see the shell collection and find out what wildlife there is to see and maybe have a go at a family activity.
Ainsdale Beach and nature reserve are popular with schools and colleges for educational visits and provide a venue for a variety of events throughout the year.
Please take note of beach safety flags and signage.
Codes of conduct available.
No Lifeguard cover.
Ainsdale Beach is managed by Sefton Coast and Countryside Service.
- Dogs Accepted - Please keep under close control and take care not to disturb flocks of wading birds Poop scoop area. Dog free zone for 200m either side of the beach entrance at Shore Road.
- Groups accepted - Please book before visit (see contact details)
- Toilets - Toilets are located at the beach entrance at the end of Shore Road.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Beach parking off Shore Road, Ainsdale. Car park charge £4.50 - £6.00 (seasonal) No coaches. Horseboxes accepted Seasonal parking £40.00 available from Ainsdale Discovery Centre or TIC
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good102
- Bernie DWigan, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesYou want a beach? come see this one!Thursday, 23rd February 2017Miles of sand and lovely and clean, we love it, the dogs love it and its on our doorstep! Southport just up the coast and the mighty Liverpool 20mins away. Fabulous!! Read full review
- ravenousenglishmanLeedsTrip Type:CouplesLovely long flat beachMonday, 20th February 2017Lovely Sandy Beach, Better than up the coast a ways at Southport, good for Dogs too - just be sure to clean up after your Pet - I do - so can you! Read full review
- Chris SMiami Beach, FloridaTrip Type:FamilyMiles of beachSaturday, 18th February 2017The dogs love this beach. Miles of open space. The beach is not very wide unlike Crosby and beaches of the same coast line. The area gets really REALLY windy. Read full review
Map & Directions
- Beach Awards Quality Coast Award 2011
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|