TripAdvisor Traveller Rating1435 reviews
Tel: +44 (0)1704 539701
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Are you looking for a traditional seaside holiday? Or perhaps you want to breathe the fresh sea air deep into your lungs?
Not only does Southport have 22 miles of coast but also boasts the Grade II listed Southport Pier, the oldest iron pier in the country, standing for over 150 years.
The four-star rated pier has been described by one reviewer on Trip Advisor as 'A great place to blow the cobwebs away'.
A walk to the end of Southport Pier will give you views across the North West and on a clear day you can see neighbouring Blackpool and even the North Wales coast.
The 1,000 metre long Southport Pier is the second longest in the country, a walk to the end boasts magnificent views.
If that sounds too much like hard work, why not hop on to the pier tram which will take you straight to the end where you can grab a cup of tea in the pier pavilion. soak up the views and enjoy the stunning coastline.
And if there isn't enough history in the pier itself, in the pier pavilion you can view a small exhibition on Southport's history as well as playing traditional penny slot machines including pre decimal one armed bandits.
And if you are looking for more tradition, Silcocks Funland at the pier entrance has plenty of amusements including the famous ‘Golden Gallopers’ carousel on the pier forecourt, entertainment indoors and you can also grab a traditional fish and chips - after all we are besides the seaside!
So whether you are planning a traditional seaside trip to enjoy the coast and sea air, are simply looking for an hour of tranquillity and peace, o feel like exercising the legs, the Pier is a 'must see' Southport attraction and one to add to the itinerary!
- Disabled Access
- Parking (charge) - Street parking on Marine Drive. Many carparks in the town. Beach parking available on Southport beach.
- Parking Available
- Street Parking
- In town/city centre - In Southport
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good561
- moodlepipTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat walk on a sunny day !!!Saturday, 25th March 2017Southport pier isn't the most attractive but it has a certain charm about it and I do love a walk along a pier, surrounded by crashing waves and seagulls. We chose a beautiful warm day to visit this... Read full review
- Simon CMoreton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesIt a PIERS to be Good!Saturday, 25th March 2017Been to southport on numerous occasions but it was the first time on the pier. Had a long pleasant walk, with amazing weather too! Surprised to see a mini train running through the centre of the... Read full review
- RDeLawnStockport, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOn our visit to SouthportSunday, 19th March 2017We went to Southport and had a good walk around We walked the length of the pier on a sunny, clear and windy day Firstly there is a train running the length of the pier which was extremely... Read full review
Map & Directions
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
|2017 (6 Sept 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00*|
|2017 (1 Oct 2016 - 18 July 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00*|
|2017 (19 July 2017 - 5 Sept 2017)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00*|
* Open every day apart from Christmas Day and during the Southport Air Show.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change