Rain, rain go away....we don’t like to admit it but every now and then it rains in Sunny Southport – but we are British and we embrace all weathers!
Southport is an all year-round, all-weather destination there are plenty of things to do if that rain does fall when you have planned your trip! Here is our top ten for a starter.
- Be a Culture Vulture - The Atkinson is the cultural heart of the town. The art deco building has a theatre showing a range of shows all year round, the museum with some great exhibitions including Egyptology, the Art Gallery, library and cafe - ideal for all the family.
- Pizzas, Pictures and Pins - Ocean Plaza, facing the seafront but nicely indoors, offers a great range of things to do during a downpour. Lots of places to eat & drink, plus a multi-screen cinema and ten-pin bowling.
- Total Relaxation - You could always go into total horizontal mode and take in a spa treatment? The Vincent Hotel, right in the centre of Southport or why not try Formby Hall Golf Resort & Spa where their on-site team will pamper you with luxury spa products!
- Find out all you need to ‘mow' - A unique experience at the multi award winning British Lawnmower Museum, housing over 200 restored exhibits it’s the world’s only lawnmower Museum. See lawnmowers of the rich & famous, it’s tribute to the garden machine industry over the last 200 years.
- With some many places to eat and drink in Southport, there's bound to be a perfect bolthole in which to hide out until either a) the weather improves or b) you don’t care anymore!
- See something different - Southport Bijou Cinema is one of the town's best kept secrets. Offering a carefully curated selection of classic and new releases this volunteer-led not-for-profit cinema is well worth a look.
- Head to Farmer Ted's Adventure Farm - Have an action packed full day of indoor and outdoor fun at the UK's only Shaun the Sheep attraction!
- Windmill Animal Farm is also down the road. There are indoor and outdoor areas so you can pick and choose depending on the weather.
- Discover Ancient Egypt in The Atkinson - An exhibition not seen for over 40 years takes visitors on a journey through what life was like in ancient Egypt at the time of the Pharaohs.
- Have the time of your life in Splash World Southport - slides and rides in an indoor water park is ideal in any weather!