As a team we have years of experience of going to the festival (and huge foodies) we we have witnessed the pitfalls of the newbies (and regulars) to the festival. I asked the team to put together an essential guide to getting the most out of the festival.
- Chill with friends - bring a picnic blanket, find a spec and chill with friends.
- Have breakfast, lunch and dinner - We open at 10:00 and we will have some traders serving breakfast such as bacon or sausage butties. We have over 50 street food stalls so you can literally eat all day - we guarantee you will be stuffed!
- Do your food shop right here - Make sure you bring a shopping bag because our local producers have plenty you can take home. Doughnuts, fudge, rum, cakes, pies, meats, herbs and spices, cheese, olives…the list is endless so make sure the bag is HUGE!
- Leave the car at home - If you are heading to the Southport Food and Drink Festival this year why not make the most of it and leave the car at home? Travel to the festival via train with regular services on both Merseyrail and Northern to Southport Train Station. Or you can jump the bus meaning you can enjoy all of the food and drink on offer, without having to worry about driving or parking.
- Enjoy the entertainment in our arena - Throughout the festival our entertainment marquee, hosted by our very own Simon Smithies (fondly known as the British Musical Fireworks Championship ‘voice’), local musicians will be playing throughout the day bringing an amazing atmosphere to the event. Sit under the marquee to take a break from the sunshine, or join in on some dancing!
- Let the kids burn their energy - We have inflatables, water walkers, slides - a marquee with activities and plenty of food and drink for them to enjoy. Often we see families putting down camp and playing football or cricket so feel free to bring ball!
- Enjoy a few drinks...With a bird's eye view from the cocktail bar, a locally brewed beer or a gin cocktail sat on the grass we have plenty of drink on offer. And if you don't want the alcohol we have coffee, lemonade, fresh juices and much more. Grab your drink and enjoy the sunshine! Oh, and always drink responsibly if you are having alcohol!.
- Enjoy a Disco Music Festival - Head to the Flair ‘n’ Funk corner and enjoy a disco music festival. Banging tunes from ten DJ’s over the weekend, playing the best of disco and house. Plus you can grab a skinny lager and skinny cocktails - same delicious taste, less calories!
- Bring your 4 legged friend - Our festival has always been dog welcoming. As long as they are well behaved and remain on their lead they can come and join you for the day. We are pretty sure that they will LOVE the smells!
- Finally, and most importantly, do a full sweep of the street food before you decide what you are eating - the biggest mistake is to order the first thing you see and then see something else half way round. Or between you buy and share a couple of dishes so you get to taste more!
Drink plenty of water, especially if you are here all day and especially if you are consuming alcohol.
Bring the sunscreen…and the sun!
Follow this guide and you are guaranteed to have a brilliant, food filled day.