Crosby Beach is now the permanent home to ‘Another Place’, the sculpture by internationally acclaimed artist, Antony Gormley.
The beach has been awarded the Quality Coast Award by Keep Britain Tidy.
The QCA award tells visitors that the standards of beach management are of the highest quality in the UK.
Visitors can walk along Crosby Beach and the Coastal Path and take in views of the sea, the Wirral and North Wales.
Access to this strip of coast is good with four train stations and free car parks at Crosby Marine Lake, Mariners Road and Hall Road.
The 22 mile Sefton Coastal Path starts here and a section of the national cycle path network runs the length of the Park.
Please take note of beach safety flags and signage.
Codes of conduct available.
Crosby Coastal Park and Crosby Beach is managed by Sefton Coast and Countryside Service.
- Dogs Accepted - Please keep under close control and take care not to disturb flocks of wading birds. Poop scoop area.
- Groups accepted - Please book before visit (see contact details)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking at Cambridge Road, Mariners Road and Hall Road car parks.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good130
- markoBRISTOLBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily dog walkTuesday, 14th February 2017Stepdaughter lives just up the road - I never tire of walking the dogs here come rain and shine . Granddaughter loves the dunes and generally every one appears happy. Statues are always great to... Read full review
- CUMBRIAVIEWConwy, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood beach Good WalkMonday, 13th February 2017We were warned about the dog mess but must have timed it right as the tide was on its way out and no sign of any. Great to see walkers runners and dog walkers enjoying doing what people do best... Read full review
- b56cUKTrip Type:FamilyMarvellousMonday, 13th February 2017Great place to watch the ships come and go, the starlings rise and fall, and the dogs and children running in the beach. You have to pay for parking now so be prepared. Read full review
Map & Directions
Approximately 5 miles north of Liverpool, less than 1 mile west of Crosby/Waterloo and 20 miles south of Southport off A565.
Public Transport Directions
Different parts of Crosby Beach can be reached by train via the Northern Line (Merseytravel) stopping at:
Waterloo Station: 3/4 mile walk
Blundellsands & Crosby: 3/4 mile walk
Hall Road: 2 Minute Walk
Local Bus service contact Merseytravel.
- Beach Awards Quality Coast Award 2011