9th & 10th September 2023
The annual Air Show returns this September to Southport Beach, get ready for a weekend packed with entertainment.
If you looking for a fun and exhilarating day out with the kids, as well as the flying programme, there is plenty of things to do on the ground. From flight simulators, static aircraft to explore, climbing walls, assault courses and plenty more!
Tickets are now priced from £10 for general admission, under 16 years of age FREE. If you want to make your family day out even less expensive, feel free to bring a picnic and set up on the beach before you enjoy an afternoon of flying.
You can make a full day of it in Southport as our wristbands mean you can go on and off-site as much as you need. Breakfast in the morning maybe, or a bit of lunch in town?
A full afternoon of flying for an incredibly low price!
Thrilling and daring aerobatics, the breathtaking historical aircraft making graceful tributes to our past or fast and powerful jets and explosions on the beach - this is a weekend not to be missed!
Trade & Exhibiting
Can I trade or exhibit at the Southport Air Show?
The Southport Air Show is one of the North West's premier events attracting tens of thousands of people and proving particularly popular with families. The weekend spectacular is a fantastic opportunity for traders and promoters to reach a huge audience. Pitches start from £400 with the option of space only or covered space pitches.
To book trade space and for further details please contact Helen Ford on 0151 934 2324 or email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT TAKING INDIVIDUAL BOOKINGS FOR FOOD, BEVERAGE OR ICE CREAM UNITS
What time does the show open/close?
- Gates open at 10:00 and the attractions will also be open at this time.
- The flying display starts around midday and ends around 17:00.
- On both days the show closes at approximately 18:00.
- Car parks will be open from 09:00, with the exception of beach parking and the Marine Drive that open at 10:00.
Are dogs allowed at the Air Show?
- Dogs are permitted but it is strongly advised that dogs are not brought to the event due to the noise produced by the aircraft.
- All dogs must remain on their lead; this is a family event with many small children and if you have your dog off the lead, you may be asked to leave the event.
- Please be a responsible dog owner and clean up after your dog.
What else will be there?
- A large amount of on-ground entertainment including interactive military exhibits, model aircraft, exhibition stands, simulators and children’s activities
Where can I find accommodation?
- Accommodation availability can be found on this website, here. Bedrooms do tend to fill up fast so it is advisable to book early.
Where is the nearest train station?
- Southport train station is a short 10-minute walk away from the Southport Air Show.
Can I still get into Ocean Plaza to the shops?
- Yes, the shops will be open as usual and will be accessible from the Promenade over the Marine Way Bridge.
Can we bring our own food/ BBQ?
- Food is permitted onsite however BBQs are not permitted for Health & Safety reasons.
Traffic & Travel
Where can I park?
- Parking is available on the beach (North Beach only), Marine Drive and off the promenade in Princes Park, the Esplanade car park, and Victoria Park, only 5 minutes’ walk from the seafront.
- A large amount of directional road signage will be installed to lead visitors to the parking facilities and the event site.
- Coaches will be directed to the Esplanade car park.
How much is the parking, and can I book in advance?
- Parking can be purchased as an add on in the ticket checkout, £8 on Saturday or Sunday.
How do I park on the beach?
- Parking on the beach gets you closer to the action but you need to arrive as close to 10 am as possible as this fills up quickly.
- There is no parking on South Beach so if you are travelling from the South, you will be directed to the Esplanade Car Park or Victoria Park.
- If you are travelling from the North, you will automatically be directed to beach parking or the Marine Drive Car Park.
- If you are travelling from the East, you will automatically be directed to other Air Show car parks.
Are caravans, motor homes or vans allowed on the beach?
- Caravans, motor homes, high sided vehicles or vans are permitted in either the Esplanade or Princes Park car parks but are not allowed on the beach due to the size of the vehicles restricting the view for other event attendees.
- These are not overnight camping facilities and will be locked overnight. The closest caravan site is the Southport Esplanade caravan site, Esplanade, Southport, 01704 565214.
How bad is the traffic?
- As with any major event delays are possible so, please allow extra time for your journey.
- As we have not hosted an Air Show for a couple of years, we expect to be busier than normal, especially with some great displays on for both days.
- The event opens at 10:00 but the car parks open at 9:00, so we advise that you aim to get to the Southport Air Show as close to these times as possible.
- Do not leave your arrival until just before the Red Arrows display as you may get caught in traffic and miss them.
How can I avoid the traffic when arriving?
- Where possible we advise you use public transport - Northern Rail and Merseytravel operate frequent trains to Southport. The nearest train station is Southport, about a 10-minute walk from the event site.
- Car parks open an hour earlier so you can arrive with plenty of time before the gates open (with the exception of beach parking and the Marine Drive that open at 10:00).
How will I be able to be kept updated about traffic on the way to the Air Show?
- Southport Air Show will have its very own radio station dedicated to keeping you updated on any traffic and travel approaching the Air Show. We will also use this station to broadcast the commentary so if you are parked up and, in your car, you will be able to listen to the commentator. This station will broadcast for approximately 10 miles radius to Southport.
Are there any disabled facilities?
- Designated accessible hard-standing parking facilities are available, located at the Esplanade and Marine Drive car parks.
- Accessible parking is also available in Princes Park and on the beach but please be aware that these spaces are on grass and sand.
- The Esplanade Car Park has accessible toilet facilities and ramped access to the seafront.
- The accessible parking spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis on presentation of an official blue disability badge. These spaces will be available at the normal car parking rate.
- Official designated viewing areas are available, one is located on the seawall (close to the fish wind display) and the other one is on the seawall close to the Pier. These areas will be fenced, have dedicated accessible toilet facilities and, are on a hard-standing surface with an unimpeded view.
- It will be the responsibility for anybody with accessibility requirements to make their own way to these enclosures.
- Stewards will be present to ensure that viewing is accessible at all times.
- Upon arrival to Southport, you need to make event staff aware that you would like an accessible parking facility so they can direct you to the correct car park
Can carers get into the Air Show free of charge?
- If you have a disability that necessitates a carer*, your carer will be welcomed free of charge on the day.
- A carers ticket will be issued at the box office following the production of one of the documents below. Free carer tickets are general admission only (no access to the Southport Pier)
*One example of supporting documentation for Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance must be produced on the day. Without documentation, carers will need to purchase a ticket on the gate.
How do I find the flying times of all aircraft?
- Flying times will be published on here when they are available. They can change throughout the weekend and we will endeavour to keep them updated.
Is the display the same on both Saturday & Sunday?
- No, the display will be similar, but the times may vary when each aircraft flies.
- Display times are also subject to weather conditions on the day.
Are Drones allowed on site?
- Drones/small, unmanned aircraft systems are strictly not allowed to be flown within the Air Show site - it is against the law to fly them within the Air Show Restricted Airspace, please do not bring them to the Air Show. Anyone not abiding by these rules will be asked to leave the site and may be prosecuted.
As a condition of entry, we reserve the right to conduct random searches of customers and vehicles at the point of entry and whilst within the event site.
WE WILL BE SEARCHING FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: - Dangerous or hazardous items, Illegal substances, explosives or ammunition, fireworks, knives, blades or other weapons, firearms, laser devices, smoke canisters, transmitting devices – your co-operation is appreciated.